Diversity & Inclusion at AIG
AIG promotes diversity and inclusion, both respecting and maximizing the broad range of experience that arises from differences in gender, nationality, sexual orientation, family structure, disabilities, and other dimensions.
Promoting diversity and inclusion enables us not only to provide our staff with a better workplace, but also to deepen our understanding of customers by using our broad-based perspective to bring ACTIVE CARE to everyone. In this way, AIG is committed to making a real difference in the lives of our customers and in our society.
AIG Japan prides itself on a corporate culture that respects diversity. This is reflected in our range of initiatives to build a safer and better future.
Promoting Diversity & Inclusion Through:
- Diversity & Inclusion Council
o Senior management develops and implements overall integrated corporate D&I strategy; and provides any effective mechanism for managing corporate D&I initiatives.
- Employee Resource Group Program
ERGs are groups of employees who come together based on a shared interest in a specific dimension of diversity. ERG members voluntarily plan and manage events and programs.
6 groups currently exist in Japan: Working Families、Women & Allies、Young Professionals、LGBT & Allies、Language and Cultural Exchange、Disabilities & Allies
- Proactively runs employee development programs, e.g. to encourage career development of female and young professionals and promote employment of differently abled talent.
- Is a member of the Ikuboss Corporate Alliance (set up by the NPO Fathering Japan) and provides Ikuboss training for all managers.
- Is a member of a group of male leaders who will create "A Society in which Women Shine" supported by the cabinet of Japanese goverrnment.
- Running company-wide internal education and awareness campaigns and workshops to coincide with World Autism Awareness Day and Developmental Disabilities Awareness Week.
- Enhancing opportunities for all employees across a diverse spectrum, including the establishment of AIG Harmony Co. Ltd. a Special Subsidiary Company on May 2017, which supports AIG group companies, and through which we are working on promoting employment of differently abled people.
External Recognition & Award
- We are running a range of initiatives to promote a better understanding of LGBT issues, and we received 'a Gold ' rating in the work with Pride (wwP) organization's PRIDE Index, Japan's first LGBT index to rate corporations in both FY 2016 and FY2017.
- AIG received a Tokyo Voluntary Action Center (TVAC" ) Corporate Volunteer Award" for its Disability Working Group's efforts to promote understanding of people with disabilities.
- AIG group companies were certified and got stars in "Nagasaki Employee-Friendly Company Recognition System", 3 stars in American Home Assurance Company, Ltd., 4 stars in AIU Insurance Company, Ltd. and The Fuji Fire and Marine Insurance Co., Ltd., and especially highly rated for work-life-balance and for gender equality (in 2017).
For more information, please visit our web page: Global Diversity and Inclusion.