March 5, 2020
Preventive measures taken against the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)（Updated Mar/17）
AIG Japan extends its deepest sympathies to those affected by the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
In response to the continuing spread of COVID-19, AIG Japan has taken the following measures in order to keep our employees safe while also continuing to preserve business continuity and offer uninterrupted service to our customers and agents.
All AIG Japan employees and partners
1. Working style
Telecommuting, staggered commuting and flextime are to be used whenever possible.
(The below includes working style due to temporary school closures for employees who are parents and guardians of school-aged children)
- Telecommuting has been implemented for employees who can work from home
- Employees who do not have the infrastructure in place to telecommute will be placed on standby and given special paid leave
- As the situation continues to evolve, adjustments to the above will be made as we focus on the safety of employees and their families, while also minimizing the impact on our customers.
2. Internal and external events, meetings and training sessions
- Non-essential internal and external events, meetings and training sessions cancelled or postponed to the extent possible
- If holding and/or participating in an event is unavoidable, participants are encouraged to wash their hands thoroughly before arrival and hand sanitizer will be placed at the venue entrance. Those with cold or flu symptoms are requested not to attend. Technology solutions, such as conference and video calls (in order to forego face-to-face meetings and training sessions) are also being actively employed.
3. Response for employees who are not feeling well
Sick employees - those with colds or the flu and exhibiting cold or flu-like symptoms - are being asked to stay at home.
4. Thorough measures to prevent infection
- Regular and thorough handwashing, the use of hand sanitizer, and proper cough manners are all being actively encouraged across our group companies.
- Office spaces are disinfected hourly using an alcohol-based cleaning solution
5. Dealing with people who have tested positive for COVID-19 and those who have come in close contact with them
- In the event that a case of infection is confirmed, thorough office disinfection will take place and, depending on the circumstances, office closure and telecommuting and/or standby at home will be implemented for employees based in the same office location.
- Anyone who has come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 will be placed on standby or will work from home for a 14-day period.
6. Business trips
- In principle, all overseas business trips are prohibited.
- In principle, all employees will refrain from taking business trips unless such a trip is deemed critical for business operations.
- Employees who return from high-risk areas or who have been in close contact with visitors from such areas will be placed on standby or work from home for 14 days from the date of return or contact.
Led by our Crisis Management Team, AIG Japan has been continuously monitoring the situation since late January and responding promptly to each new development. In addition, we are promoting measures for business continuity - including measures against the spread of infectious diseases - in order to maintain employee health and safety, the health and safety of our business partners, and the health and safety of communities across Japan as part of our broader commitment to corporate social responsibility.